125-250cc motorcycle

Discussion in 'Bicycle, Motorcycle' started by Hans.P., Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans.P.

Hans.P. New Member

Hi folks,
    I'm leaving for Vientiane in a week to work for 3 months and would like to buy a motorcycle.
    I'm after a 125-250cc (at least) bike.
    Needs to have a manual transmission (no automatic). It doesn't need to be new or shiny- I'm fine with getting something rougher and older for less money so long as it runs well, I'm also mechanically able so can service and fix up a bike if needs be.
    I'd prefer a dirt bike or something a little more dirt capable. A new 250 Honda XR would be great but that is out of my (unpaid intern) budget unfortunately.

An older Honda XR or something similar, an old Minsk, or just a decent powerful scooter style- I'm open to just about any offers. I particularly like older machines, so would be open to some other odder bikes (bmw, norton, royal enfield, whatever).
    My Budget depends on what bike I'm going for and its condition and what it comes with, estimates at $3-400 for a good scooter-style bike, $3-500 for a Minsk, and maximum up to $5-900-ish for a newer proper 125-250cc dirt bike. Prices reduced of course if work or other things is needed on the bike.

I'll be in Vientiane around the 20th December but would be open to picking up the bike from just about anywhere in Laos.

Thanks a lot,
    Hans.

Anyone who has anything of interest please message here or email me at ***hansp77***(at)***yahoo(dot)com
    (remove *, at=@, dot=.)

2. scotty_350

scotty_350 New Member

Hi Hans,
    Just sent you an email.
    Thanks,
    Scotty

3. Ait

Ait Member

I could have written Hans's message myself.
    So I am interested in your mail as well Scotty.
    could you send it to ait(at)aitgeurts(dot)nl please?

Thanks, Ait

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.