automatic kolao for sale 300 USD

Discussion in 'Bicycle, Motorcycle' started by celine07, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celine07

celine07 New Member

Hello.
    i'm going to leave Laos at the end of June so I would like to sell my motorbike.
    It's an automatic one, 100 CC, from 2008. Good condition, with some news pieces from the last 2 years including battery and regulator. The inspection is valid until March 2014.
    Color is blue.

I sell it for $300 with 1 helmet.
    You can have it on the 28th of June 2013.

If any questions please email me : cel_caillet@hotmail.com

2. marcopisi

marcopisi New Member

Hi Celine
    are the taxes paid (yellow plate)?
    regards
    m

3. Jules Harris

Jules Harris New Member

Where are you based Celine? I am looking for a second hand automatic Kolao but I am in Luang Prabang.

4. celine07

celine07 New Member

Hello,
    I went to inspection in March and I had two stickers, one for inspection and I think the other one was for taxes, but I will check with my lao friends.

5. celine07

celine07 New Member

Sorry I am in Vientiane...

6. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

The question, I think, for the tax paid, is about the color of the plate.
    Is it blue figures on white plate, this would mean the tax is NOT (necessarily) paid.
    Black figures on yellow plate would be OK ;)

7. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

And the two stickers you mention are most likely the technical inspection and road tax stickers that need renewing yearly. Insurance also may give you a sticker but you wouldn't receive that at the inspection.

8. celine07

celine07 New Member

Mine is blue and white because the owner worked for the gouvernment. But I was never told about these taxes. A Lao friend of mine just told me these plates don't need any taxes to be paid, on the opposite...

9. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

Right;) , as long as you own the motorbike and you are working for an embassy, ngo or other authorized organisation, there could be no problem.
    But the person who is going to buy your motorbike, will have to pay the tax and change the plate, unless he is, also, working for an embassy, ngo or other authorized organisation and get allowed to use it.

Now! This is the theory. :D
    Practically, there are people who are ready to take the risk to have their vehicle confiscated by the police and pay some heavy fine.
    But ... the risk seems to be very low.

10. celine07

celine07 New Member

I think the risk i
    It's not what I was told when I bought it but you may be right. The owner was working in the embassy and the following buyers were not, without any problems. I have all the contracts of the buyers before me. Also, I got arrested twice for taking wrong ways and they never checked anything, just asking for a fine. I even went to the inspection and they didn't say anything.

11. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Would be no problem until the registration papers expire. When they do and the owner does not work for any NGO etc., the tax will need to be paid to change the plates and register the bike. Many people go around this but they open themselves up to potential problems. By blue and white do you mean blue characters with white plate? The white character, blue plate vehicles to my knowledge are owned by the government which is a different story.

12. celine07

celine07 New Member

It is a white plate with blue letters.

13. Jules Harris

Jules Harris New Member

Have you sold it yet Celine? I will be in Vientiane on Friday.

14. ztil

ztil New Member

Hi Celine, I'm interested , can you post or send a picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.