Bad experience with LT Computer Company Ltd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by karin, Nov 12, 2012.

1. karin

karin New Member

I went to LT Computer Company Ltd (on the road between Boo Young Bank and Lao Singapore College) on oct 29th to buy an original HP cartridge. I emphasised several times that I absolutely need an original HP one! They gave me the cartridge and I checked if there was the HP seal on the packaging - it was there. So I paid KIP 130.000,- but they did not give me an invoice. I did not care about that this time. When using the cartridge we noticed that the quality was not that good ... and today only after two weeks I ran out of ink although we did not print so much. I was wondering what happened and went to Lada & Co Computer (on the alley between Lane Xang Road und Talat Sao) and they told me that the cartridge was not an original one but a refilled one. I was very angry and disappointed! I went to the LT Computer store again and complaint but they did not do anything for me: they did not apologize, they did not give me back the money that I payed to much (the refill is only KIP 25.000,-) and they told me that they cannot do anything. For me this is fraud! The only thing I can do now is to inform all falangs to AVOID absolutely this Computer store. They are not trustful at all! At the same time I can warmly recommend Lada & Co Computer! They have a very good service, competent English-speaking employees and deliver ORIGINAL HP cartridges!

2. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Karin... I can certainly understand your frustration as that sounds like a very bad situation all around. I ask for a receipt for everything. In my experience in Laos, if they don't want to give you a receipt then you can be pretty sure something untoward is going on... I have never been to LT Computer so I can't comment directly on that store...

I would like to emphasize the point you made about Lada, however. I have been a customer at their store several times over the last few years and have had pleasant experiences each time. Most times they were able to serve my needs and the one time I had an issue with my laptop speakers they told me up front that it would be hard to fix but that they would try and see what they could do... I would recommend them to anyone that needs parts or computer work...

We also use HP print cartridges but have found they are much cheaper across the border.. so every so often when we find ourselves in Thailand we make sure to grab a few replacements....

3. vistalife

vistalife Member

Hi,
    I would also recommend to go to jiro computer, or jls computer near hi-tecc. That's more convenient for those who live near this area & don't like to go to the talad Sao for the traffic.
    Jean

4. navydoubs1

navydoubs1 Member

I think this kind of thing should be front and centre on this Forum.

Today i went to Hyundai. I asked the price for a Sportage and was quoted 37500 USD. More than i have, so i made my excuses and headed home. On the way i saw another sportage at one of the dealers just down from ITECC, opposite a shop that has a huge LED display sign flashing away on a corner by some traffic lights, heading towards the bridge.

I thought il stop and ask. After prising one of the sales staff away from his lunch, i was told the Sportage (this time M/T not A/T other wise the same model) was $42000 and had somehow lost 2 years warenty.

Its not on, and we should name and shame. Praise the friendly stores and shop the bad ones.

5. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

So it was your mistake ;)

6. navydoubs1

navydoubs1 Member

It doesnt seem to matter what time i go anywhere people are always eating!

7. Kenneth Schminner

Kenneth Schminner Member

Interesting conversation. When you purchase things here in Laos, it's usually final. After handing them your $, the deal is virtually done. Products can break on the spot, and you'll have a hard time getting a refund/replacement. After living here nearly 2 years, I've grown accustomed to the business ethics here. It sucks, but can be great too.

8. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

Depends on the way you talk to the people, I think.:rolleyes:

I bought some ink cartridges at LT Computers also and I also had a bad colour one.
    Then, I printed a sample page and went back ask for change and showed the one hour old bill.

The little cashier lady did not seem very happy but I received a new cartridge.

;) Pierre

9. Costa

Costa Member

This should be on a different thread since this is about a restaurant, but let me just share my story today.

I was in BCF (Beef, Chicken, Fish) resto just along Kuvieng Road with the wife this afternoon at about 4Pm. It was a late lunch and we were the only customers. To make the story short, I left my phone at the restaurant. I realized after an hour about what happened then went back to talk to the owners who happened to be the only persons in the place aside from us during that time.

A big "NO" was the answer before I could finish my question. o_O

Just a warning to those who frequent the place. Never leave anything in BCF (Beef, Chicken and F*&@k)!:mad: