Cross currency rates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petrus47, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

Anyone interested? Suggestions?

Please PM me,

Pierre

Attached Files:

2. Petrus47

OK, let's start another week ;)

Pierre

Attached Files:

3. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

4. Petrus47

Nice indeed, but you would'nt get the same amount of dollars (+/- 49.400) at any bank in Laos :D

Today: 1.2995 $ for 1€ ;)
    Have a look at the local rate :confused:

5. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

yeah, kind of. Was wondering if there was anywhere we could get LAK/USD and GBP/LAK . I use fx as an "add on" gadget on my desktop. The GBP has taken a hammering in the last few weeks!:eek:

6. Petrus47

The source of my worksheet was here: http://www.bcel.com.la/en/ExchangeRate.aspx
    Today GBP/LAK : 8.463 -5 = (1/11,815)

But, this is only from the LAK viewpoint. Cross currency gives you much more info out of one worksheet.

7. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

I look at the BCEL rates for work but the GBP/LAK is just for me really cos I get my UK pension paid into a UK bank account and draw it out here. It has to be paid into a UK bank account so I have no choice. I worked it out this morning I am getting barely 11,100 Kip/GBP at the JDB ATM. A little better at BCEL but they charge a 40,000Kip "fee" I think the ANZ is probably the best as they give 100,000 Kip notes. I went to the JDB ATM opposite the Lao Plaza just before Christmas and got 4 million Kip in 10,000 Kip notes - not a happy chap.:mad: Again!

8. Petrus47

Not sure when but there are rumours about 500,000 kips notes coming on the market.
    ANZ on Lane Xang avenue gives mostly 100,000 kips notes but they charge 40,000 for 2 millions.

9. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

500,000 notes would be great for us and ATMs but would anywhere be able to change them or would they even accept them? Obviously one couldnt use them for a tuk tuk ride or buying a beer but I suppose they would be accepted by bigger hangouts like KCD or for big ticket items at the bigger stores. Certainly better than trying to get home with 400 x 10,000 Kip notes at Christmas!:rolleyes:

10. viajero

viajero Member

Perhaps this site will be of interest: http://coinmill.com/LAK_calculator.html

I have been using this site for currency rates quite a long time now. I like it because you can enter any currency and get the equivalent value in all the world's currencies.

While LAK is at the top, you can enter any currency in the appropriate spot to get all the cross rates.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers,
    Viajero