Dengue Fever

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petrus47, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

2. Laos-NL

Laos-NL Member

Big problem here in Pakse as well. Malaria and Dengue are a real and big problem, also in the cities.

3. navydoubs1

navydoubs1 Member

Had it about 4 months ago, and caught it in VTE. Can safely say it is the worst sickness ive ever had. 3 days on IV antibiotics, and i was still sweating so bad. Even now 4 months later i feel it sometimes. You really do feel like someone is trying to crush every joint on your body. Dont believe the, you can only get it in the provinces rubbish too.
    Please pay heed to these warnings. It is terrible.

Judith likes this.
  4. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

This year has been especially bad... Many, many people I know in Vientiane have caught mainly Dengue, both local and foreign alike.

5. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

And it's getting worse and worse, next time you get it again it becomes haemorrhagic.:(

6. Ian Michael

Ian Michael Member

Definatly take precautions people this is far worse than malaria, clean your back/front yard up , Spray your room before u go out for a beerlao in the evening and wear long sleeves , long trousers. I had this last year when I visited the Phillipinnes and was in hospital for 10 days on iv and had four blood transfusions, and was still feeling the affects after 6 months. On the up side , I lost 10 kgs in body weight which was good cause was getting pretty fat ( too much beerlao )

Cheers ian