English Trainers Needed

Discussion in 'Teaching & Lessons' started by sittiphone, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sittiphone

sittiphone New Member

VimpleCom or Beeline is looking for a number of English trainers; Customer service, Internet technical and general office used.

please see attached for more details.

for more information please contact myself directly on 020 7807 7807 or e-mail sittiphone.thapesuphanh@beeline.la

Attached Files:

2. san_vai

san_vai Member

Those who are interested or referring this post to other. pls mention your origin of birth, cast , religion, ethnic group, bla bla bla etc etc.....
    as they don't need ppl from "Indian" or many be any other origin.

Thanks Sittiphone, even we would not be like to work with organization, who has such values.

reza likes this.
  3. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

Hi san-vai,

There are, unfortunately:meh:, many other places, countries, administrations, businesses, etc. where THIS is common.
    As a "falang" living in this country, I can understand your frustration.
    My own country could be blamed for this behaviour also;)

Best regards,

Pierre

reza likes this.
  4. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

While I agree racism is bad. Your English also gives some doubt as to whether you'd be suitable for the job.

5. san_vai

san_vai Member

I agree with you , that's why I did not applied, I here for some other speciality :),
    some one else applied.
    And I don't consider it as racism, its unfortunate for them. they are loosing nice pool for selection.
    may be they are not capable for selecting that's why using some other means for to ease process.
    (just for ur info, India has more English speakers then most of the other country.)

reza likes this.
  6. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

While they are certainly skipping over a big part of the talent pool I can see why they are doing it. For the staff to learn anything they need to respect the teacher. And unfortunately any ethnicities other than East Asian and white are just not respected here at all. I think the average Lao person would pay less attention and take less instructions from an Indian teacher. Sad as it may be, I think it is true.

7. san_vai

san_vai Member

"respect the teacher" and "pay less attention" are two different things in my dictionary. :)

for Respect, elderly Laotian know better when it comes to India.:happy:
    for pay attention you are right about new generation, may be we can try with more make-up :chicken:, and change dressing :photogenic:.

anyway that's life, we already know this, actually we don't care.
    Idea was to get some activity for my wife, she is IT professional and there is not much here in that front.

8. Graham

Graham Member

Each person should be judged on their merits, not their ethnicity. Jobs should be open to everyone as the interview process is designed to find the right person for the job. They can judge grammar / accent etc, when they meet in person.
    However, with no legislation or regulation, companies are apparently free to specify that they don't want to employ speakers of 'Inglish', 'Singlish' etc.
    The company in question would probably argue that it streamlines the interview process.

reza and Olivier like this.
  9. reza

reza Member

Man the worth of indians are well known in native english speaking countries hence all IT jobs are outsourced to india , its a well known fact that english spoken by indians are much better than non native western english speaking countries - french, spanish, german, italian,nordic, slavic/baltic , and they dont have to prove to anyone about their english skills !! all people are doing great and being the back bone of the IT sector nor be it any field , ASEAN is'nt the apple to bite for indians but still constant search and trying out would surely find u the right organisation or it will lead u to be an entrepreneur , BE THE BOSS !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.