In Need Of A Driver

Discussion in 'Jobs in Laos' started by Bambooisland, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambooisland

Bambooisland New Member

Looking for an experienced driver:

Must be trusted and reliable who can speak at least some English and has past experience working as a driver for expats.

They will be expected to drive our car (SUV) each week from Monday to Saturday 07.00 to 19.00 (plus occasional overtime) and must be able to travel to Thailand.

We are looking to pay $300 per month, plus extra for overtime, I am ready to start with a two week trial period.
    If you have any recommendation please do not hesitate to contact me under the following number: 020 9569 80 80

2. Kenneth Schminner

Kenneth Schminner Member

Hi Bamboo, what's the duration of this driver job, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc...?

Also, what would be considered overtime, any work over 40 hours per week or over 72 hours per week?

3. Bambooisland

Bambooisland New Member

We were looking for a duration of 3 years and regarding the overtime question it will be 72 hours per week.

Best regards

Bambooisland

4. rassavong

rassavong New Member

Hi Bamboo
    Ok for these informations,what about the price ok lunch time,and during the day the driver has to wait in the office or you call him when you need him?

5. Heiko Roelig

Heiko Roelig New Member

hi bamboo,
    Iam very intested to live and work in loas and also in your joboffer as a driver for expats.
    Iam from germany, 37 years old and worked as security guard in germany also live in asia more than 10 years like in
    Thailand laos cambodia ...

I hope to hear from you soon, i got one year visa before for laos..

Heiko-211275@hotmail.com or mobil. +49152-1838-2659

6. Freeland Service

Freeland Service Member

Dear Bambooisland,

72 hours per week is over load for them

According to Lao Labour Law

40 hours per week

Becareful If you ask them to work to much

They will report to Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare

I have seen many foreigners leave Lao within 24 hours without getting any thing

Regards,

Petrus47 likes this.
  7. viajero

viajero Member

Dear Bambooisland,

While your posting does not mention this, I suppose this driver will be live-in, you provide room and meals?

For a monthly average of 4 weeks at 72 hours a week, 288 hours a month at $300 for driving you and yours wherever ( even to Thailand), my barber friend in Vientiane makes more than that, and obviously does not have any of the responsibilities you are expecting.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you from and which other international posting have you had?

Cheers.

Kenneth Schminner likes this.
  8. Kenneth Schminner

Kenneth Schminner Member

I just asked a friend of mine who does driving for his Thai boss around about 3 to 5 hours per day and 5 - 6 days a week. He gets paid a minimum of 10,000 Baht per month plus other perks.

9. Bambooisland

Bambooisland New Member

Thank you very much for the valuable advices.

10. manh

manh New Member

I am interested in position of driver as you looking for . I have high exprience in field of service typical is driving . So pl contract me by phone No : 02091172628 and mail : hamanh_75@yahoo. Com
    I availabe for every time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.