International Health Insurance Coverage in Laos

Discussion in 'Services & Businesses' started by Clyde_T_Jenkins, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clyde_T_Jenkins

Clyde_T_Jenkins Member

Hi all
    I am trying to do a bit of research into what are some of the good international health insurance coverage providers that ex-pats can use in Laos. Are there any that are exceptionally good with regard to actually providing coverage for trip to the hospital in Thailand, general health services, prescriptions, med-evac, pre existing conditions, etc.?

codemonkey likes this.
  2. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

+1, I'm also interested in this.

3. phinphana

phinphana Member

Need to know this as well.

4. RunBear

RunBear Member

We used Alian Health Insurance, it is good, doesn't cover health checkup (we did not buy, we are not sure it has this service). Last year we went to Canada, I had ear problem, came back to Laos with bills, it paid me back all the cost in Canada (200USD), it did not cover Acupuncture section though.

few months ago, I got small issue I went to Allian international clinic here, in Laos, i did not have to pay anything, clinic billed to my insurance directly.

It has different levers, you can come there and talk to them, it is in the same building with ANZ. Hope this help.

5. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

If you don't mind could you give some more details about how much you (roughly) pay per year per person and what the maximum coverage is?

6. kandrews

kandrews Member

7. Clyde_T_Jenkins

Clyde_T_Jenkins Member

From what I have found so far, if you have a pre existing condition this search becomes much harder and more expensive (not a big surprise, unfortunately)

8. RunBear

RunBear Member

I am not sure, we bought family packet, 4 of us, we paid around 1,400usd (not sure 100%), and it covers up tp 16,000usd...oh not sure, you'd better go to there and get the list and talk to them, they speak english well, 90days in hospital, room up to 100usd, health check (if you have problem) 50usd/each...something like that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.