Kip Value

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Peter

Peter Member

when will the valuf of the kip stop falling against the dollar? any insight? thanks

2. Englishman

Englishman Member

I'm not a forex trader but in the last few years I think 2005/6 was the best for the Kip at about 10,552 =$1. The reasons are many, a countries politics, its GDP. For Laos? - forex rates will be decided on world and economic events. Laos isnt communist as such but it is a one party state. The rate has increased a tiny bit since the Dollar took a hit because of the federal close down beginning. All we need to hope is that it doesnt last months. A good example would be the GBP/USD. Last week it was trading at $1.55USD = £1 GBP. Today its just over $1.62USD =£1GBP. Doesnt really have an affect on most of us but if you were trading £10,000GBP Last week you would have got $15,500USD but if you had held off until today to trade you would have got $16,200USD, thus you would have "made $700USD". I remember getting 20,750 LAK = £1. Laos in the nineties and noughties - Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh happier days eh.:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::meh:

3. Kenneth Schminner

Kenneth Schminner Member

I think it's the dollar that's falling against a basket of currencies. If the kip continues to appreciate against the dollar and other foreign currencies, it's not going to attract too many tourists here.
    I remembered years ago when Laos was cheaper and exchanging a $100 bill to kip would give me god-like spending power :greedy:. Now, it goes by in a blink of an eye :sorry:.