large raincoats and outdoor wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by albertrum, Jul 26, 2011.

1. albertrum

albertrum New Member

Hi guys...

My move to Laos has totally undermined the local climate and the ability to find clothes big enough to fit me.

Ok...so if you have some advice please forward it on to me. I am desperately searching for a extra large raincoat which do not tear each time you put it on or take it off. Secondly...if you have any clues on outdoor clothes...such as shoes and pants...this would be great. I work in Vientiane...but my job entails being outside in the mud for an hour or 2 or scootering around on a little motorbike in rainstorms.

So please let the information flow.

Cheers
    Bertrum

2. Tong

Tong New Member

hi!!Bertrum,

Walkman Village shop is good shop for you, because it provides big size of clothes, shoes, pants ...........US size ......all products import from Hongkong

Let's try

Tong

3. Tong

Tong New Member

Again.....Bertrum,
    Walkman village located in Mekong road ..........

4. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

Yes, and in addition to Walkman Village, you might find some stuff in the biggest sport shop of Dongpalan. They sell good quality products. Udon may still be the best place for choice & quality.

5. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

At Joma Vientiane, they are sellin rain coats which look resistant for (if I remember well) 80,000 Kips.

6. albertrum

albertrum New Member

Hey Guys...so far so good. I got myself an extra large rain coat! Now i am ready for the rain. Ok...not really.

The walkman village shop is real sorted!

Now...i didn take a good look when i was there...but what about waterproof bags. This is another pain in the backside. I assume for now i can safely protect my bag under my extra extra large raincoat! ;-)

thank you for all the good advice.