Looking for an off-road bike, max $2,000

Discussion in 'Bicycle, Motorcycle' started by scott_rawson, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott_rawson

scott_rawson New Member

Hi,

Just moved to Vientiane and will be in the area for several years. I'm interested in purchasing an off-road dirtbike. Preferably a used bike in good condition. Maximum price I can pay is $2,000...but ideally, I would like to pay around $1,500.

2. PWC

PWC New Member

Hi Scott,

You may know that vehicles here have different tax status, depending on whether you have tax exemption or not - don't get caught with a tax exempt bike if you don't have that status - tax can be hefty - get advise from your work place / friends etc.

Anyhow, I do have a Yamaha TW that I would consider selling (not strictly an off road) which is tax paid. (I love the bike but I work in the sticks so it does not get much use now).

Call me on 020 7784 8793 if you want to talk more about tax issues or about this bike.

Cheers
    Pete

3. scott_rawson

scott_rawson New Member

Hi Pete,

I'd be interested to hear more about the bike that you are selling. How old is the bike, and how much would you be willing to sell it for?

Thanks a lot,

Scott

4. PWC

PWC New Member

Hi Scott

My phone number is above, I am not in VTE right now, not sure when I will be back. Give me a yell and you can see the bike. I have all the papers but I am not certain of the age (it was imported from Japan or Thailand I believe).

Cheers

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.