[Closed] Musso 4wd, Mercedes Engine, Tax Paid

Discussion in 'Cars for Sale' started by Karen, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen

Karen New Member

Daewoo Musso, 4WD, Mercedes Benz Engine,

Diesel Tax paid, Year 2001, very reliable

111.000Km, 7 Seats, good air conditioning, CD player and radio,

Passbook for Thailand

The car has been mainly driven in Vientiane. It has been only foreign owned, but as tax is paid it can be bought by Lao nationals, too.

9000 USD

Call Karen (English, French and German)

020-28009482

Or karenziemek@gmail.com

2. Englishman

Englishman Member

9 grand for a 12 year old motor? Dont think so. 5 tops.o_O:meh:

3. Karen

Karen New Member

Hey Englishman,
    just saw your message. I bought the car for a much higher price just a year ago. At that time I already had spend months searching. I went to all the well known shops for notices and to all professional sellers you find the 13 north after the airport. I saw many cars, many were in worse shape, had more km, and were sometimes more expensive.
    I haven't used the car much in the year, it has always been without any problem and I don't see why it wouldn't run another 10 years or another 100.000 km. Have you seen that it is tax paid? If you find better, you re lucky.
    Believe me I am not trying to enrichen myself. Price is negotiable, I ll take the best offer, but do have a look.

Best regards,
    K

Petrus47 likes this.
  4. Graham

Graham Member

In all fairness, a Mercedes engine is as good as they get, I'd say it's probably a good deal. I for one am looking into it.
    But then I get the impression you're not here to buy a car, just maybe winding up people who are selling theirs? Nice.

5. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

Is it a Turbo Diesel engine?
    How much does it take per 100 km?

6. Englishman

Englishman Member

Graham: Nope, just think its a tad steep for a TWELVE year old motor whether the tax is paid or not - it is still TWELVE years old. There is no "blue book" price guide. Before it was rebadged Daewoo it was produced by SSangyong and was a very reliable car, its only down side was its power to weight ratio. There was a 2.4 common rail, normally aspirated and later on a limited 2.3TD. There was also a petrol variant talked about with an engine being sourced from GM but I never heard the end of that tale.
    There is some new stuff coming out of china which is (isnt it always?), knock off copies of the good stuff but there is one that shines out for some good (and some bad) reasons. The Foton Tunland is powered by a Cummins 2.8 Diesel - thats the good bit SADLY, its NOT a USA Cummins, its a chinese built lump (Beijing I think) under licence. The really bad bit is no NCAP rating, no auto, no curtain airbags, no ESC or any major safety features that would have been found on the Daewoo Musso from TWELVE years ago. My Point? A 12 year old car is a better deal than a new one from china.;)

7. Graham

Graham Member

I thought I'd let you know that this car has been sold. Turns out that it's an absolute gem, and after a comprehensive check-up I decided to buy it. As for the fuel consumption (Petrus 47), the jury is out, but it's a Benz 300TD engine so I'm not expecting too much. It did cost almost $100 to fill the tank so I'll see how far it takes me. Anyway, the spec is great, the tax is paid and after a few minor repairs plus installing a new stereo and GPS, it's looking great and running really nicely. I'm happy and relieved to be ending my 3 month search for a car.
    PS Don't worry 'Englishman', if and when I sell it you'll be the first to know :)

Petrus47 likes this.
  8. Petrus47

Nice indeed:D

I'd be glad to get some feedback :rolleyes:

Did you buy the GPS in Laos?

Happy driving in the streets of Vientiane;)

9. Graham

Graham Member

Hi, no I didn't get the GPS in Laos. Actually I have 2, one on the iPad mini (the SIM version has a stand alone GPS included and there are some amazing GPS apps), the other on my phone. Both are stuck to my windscreen with those suction clamp thingys.
    I used to own a Garmin but rather ironically, I misplaced it :)
    As for the driving, I plan to use the car when it's raining, for shopping, but mainly for trips out of town. Honestly, it's a little cumbersome in the traffic and I find that my recently purchased Demak 150 (Malaysian off-road bike) is perfect for VTE and surrounding areas, especially where I live, which is basically off-road.
    BTW, I'm now selling my Kolao Sonata 2 (3 months old, 850KM on the clock), as I seem to be sorted for transport and can't envisage a situation where I would choose the Kolao over the other 2.
    Guess I should start a new thread :)

10. Graham

Graham Member

Got some data for you:
    14L/100KM
    7.11 KM/L
    16.72 MPG (US)
    20.08 MPG (UK)
    Based on 600 KM.

Not the best efficiency but driving it beats the hell out of a BYD F0 which was my original plan.

Figures are based on town driving, I got lazy and like turning up for work sweat and dust free, with the aircon on and listening to music (I'm keeping the dirt bike for fun rather than the daily commute).
    NB I don't generally consider fuel consumption when driving and like to floor it a bit in 1st-3rd gears, so I'm sure the efficiency will greatly improve when I finally do some sort of road trip on the xmas holiday.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    krishna likes this.
  11. Petrus47

Nice, looks like a good bargain:cool:
    Driving lightfoot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.