New Card System At Bridge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaded in Laos, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Jaded in Laos

Jaded in Laos New Member

can anyone explain to me the new card system at the bridge. On my way out I was told i didnt need a card and was let through, but coming back they insited i buy a card for one thousand kip which they said was the imigration fee. It was Thursday 3.30pm. I asked to see the head officer to explain to me but he couldnt. He gently led me through without getting a card.! Is it some kind of joke?

2. Clyde_T_Jenkins

Clyde_T_Jenkins Member

Maybe they were trying to rip you off. I would be mad about losing $0.12 as well.

Olivier likes this.
  3. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

You need the card to open the gate at the last control, when you pass with your car.;)
    I do not know what is the added value of this except :

4. Jaded in Laos

Jaded in Laos New Member

You missed my point. Its not the payment that is an issue, its the new card system. I dont drive through, Im on foot. I did see it om the lao tv a while ago and Im sure they said it was for an overtime fee for frequent users after 4 pm weekdays and at weekends..?!

5. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

So far for us, with the new card when we cross with a vehicle it has been a way to charge us more... Number of trips times fee for type of vehicle = an amount that is much less than what we paid for the card, yet the card is empty.... Go figure.