New Computer Wanted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Englishman, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Englishman

Englishman Member

I have been looking for a new lappy or desktop for a while now but all I can find are basic 4GB DDR3 and 500GB HDD. I looked at LT, BK, JIRO and they all seem to have kiddy specs of 2 or 4GB or 500 and less, some even in the MB's not even a gig. I found a 1.5 TB HDD but it was only 4GB DDR3 and a really crap CPU. Has the i5 or i7 got here yet?, trying to find one over 3.0. I know this sounds a bit geeky but my wife had an Asus K55A sent out from the UK and that is 8GB DDR3 and 2 TB, me thinks I am going to have to cough up and pay the £120 DHL fee. Thanks in adv:(:meh:

2. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

If you have the opportunity to go to IT City in Nongkhai or even better, Central Plaza in Udon Thani, do not hesitate.

It's beyond all my expectations:rolleyes:

Pierre

3. Englishman

Englishman Member

Going to NK tomoz, do you know whereabouts IT City is in NK. I think there is some sort of a tie up between a Chinese supermarket here in LP and IT city because they have an area where they sell TV,s, Cameras and fridges. There are some desktops but they bargain basement low spec top price. I didnt even think they were still putting the Celeron in new machines anymore its that slow and old architecture. There is a quad core AMD but I am not that keen on AMD, I am trying to locate an i7 3770K but I think its going to be fruitless unless I go to NK or UT. I will have a look tomorrow. Many thanks for the reply.;)

4. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

IT City in Nongkhai is close to Tesco Lotus.

Tesco Lotus - It City.JPG

5. Englishman

Englishman Member

I know Tesco, thanks for the map, I will let you know;)