Noisy neighbours

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaded in Laos, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Jaded in Laos

Jaded in Laos New Member

Why is is my neighbors have no consideration for others when it comes to playing very loud music sometimes starting at 5am and other times very late right up to 2am at night!? I have reported it to the village office but they don't seem to care! So much for 'keeping the Peace"!

2. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Yea that is a tough predicament. Hard to approach the neighbors directly because you never know how they will react and hard to get anyone else to care. Sometimes a donation to the village office helps move things along but I wouldn't hold my breath. If it really gets bad and you absolutely can't abide the noise you can go to the district... Just be prepared to live with any ill will that may ensue from the village...

3. Tavanh.phommachit

Tavanh.phommachit Member

reporting is not done in Laos, and considered rude.
    independent mediator from village, elderly is likely to move things in the right direction...peace.

Olivier likes this.
  4. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Just loud music is played into the wee hours of the night with no regard for anyone else in Laos... hmmm and this isn't considered rude?

5. RunBear

RunBear Member

hmm sounds like my neighbor too, not just loud music, they fight at midnight 1am, 2 am very often, wake every one....so rude!

6. Jaded in Laos

Jaded in Laos New Member

I did go to the village office to complain nicely. when I got there i could hear .. Music! On entering the office, there was a large black speaker thumping out a loud din. I then cast my eyes to the other side of the room where there sat the village chief and her cronies merrily guzzling down their favourite nectar - Beer Lao! My mouth slightly agape, my mind a boggle! Had to laugh! The true definition of the word Dilemma!