phone sim, nice 02098222222

Discussion in 'For Sale, Looking For' started by bin, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bin

bin New Member

my friend got the sim that do not need now, wanna to sell at the price at 2.500 usd, pls contact to make offer. The same phone no 02098222222 (Lao)
    Bin

2. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Not sure if I understand the price... Is that 2.50 USD (about 20,000 kip)?

3. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

Haha you know he actually means $2500. And yes I agree you'd need some kind of mental retardation to pay that much money for a sim card.

4. JK

Or really, really, really like the number 2...

5. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

I think the license plates with all the same numbers are about 10.000-100.000 baht depending on how good the numbers are. At least that's more visible than a phone number.

6. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

For some people you'd need some kind of mental retardation to pay that much money for a computer/a week of holidays/a motorbike. Let's keep an open mind.

7. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

The computer and the motorbike give a lot more utility though :).

For the holiday I think I'd still take that over the special number.

The mental retardation part was a bit harsh, sorry for that.

8. bin

bin New Member

hi, everyone,
    I ask my guy already, he sure about the simcard, he's using it now, U can call to check.
    Have u ever seen the car plate with 1111, 2222, ... 8888, 9999, 8989, 8686... something like that, u will understand. its a part of this country, not "mental retardation"!
    Tks Mr Olivier "Let's keep an open mind."

9. Costa

Costa Member

For Sale: Kim Jong-un's phone number. Phonebook intact (complete with all the numbers of all his generals, Assad and Ahmadinejad). Very good number. Willing to trade for a plate of papaya salad. Contact me for more details.;)

10. Clyde_T_Jenkins

Clyde_T_Jenkins Member

A good number is in a way a status symbol in Laos. This is part of the culture, I don't understand how some people don't get that or the reasons behind it.

Why, in western culture, is it necessary to spend $10,000 + on a perfectly manicured yard with tons of expensive plants and trees? You can get as much utility out of a regular yard, but when people pass by they say "oohhhh... this guy must be wealthy and cool". In Laos if you have a really nice number people respect that, in a ways. C'mon.

Not that I would pay 2,500 for a phone number, though. Just saying.

bin likes this.
  11. bin

bin New Member

"A good number is in a way a status symbol in Laos. This is part of the culture, I don't understand how some people don't get that or the reasons behind it.

Why, in western culture, is it necessary to spend $10,000 + on a perfectly manicured yard with tons of expensive plants and trees? You can get as much utility out of a regular yard, but when people pass by they say "oohhhh... this guy must be wealthy and cool". In Laos if you have a really nice number people respect that, in a ways. C'mon.

Not that I would pay 2,500 for a phone number, though. Just saying."

exactly, U know the culture well!

12. Kenneth Schminner

Kenneth Schminner Member

Have you seen those elites that are driving around in the new Lexus 570 with license plates 9999....etc?
    Believe it or not, the plates cost much more than the Lexus itself. I assume most of us knows how much those Lexus 570 cost here in Laos.

13. codemonkey

codemonkey Active Member

I don't know who told you that but it's not true. Sure those plates are expensive but not THAT expensive

14. Kenneth Schminner

Kenneth Schminner Member

Yeah, I've blown the price way out of proportion .... Nonetheless, if the price was that expensive, it will still be bought by a selected few.... With that prestigious license plate, you can drive as you like and park anywhere you please.

15. vistalife

vistalife Member

When I bought my car, I choose the plate **77 cause I liked this (lucky) number... It cost me exactly 20$.
    I also choose my phone's number under the same criteria.

I would say that number is really a culture for a lot of asian people... You have the good ones & also the bad ones...

About, the phone number , It's all about taste & color...
    For me, It's too expensive and I prefere Laotel :)

About Lao's driving... They will learn how to drive in the futur... I'm sure about that .

16. JK

To each, their own.

17. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

Based on the Lao car number plates and I really do not know this - do they have letters AND numbers or can there only be numbers, the first two "marks" or digits" are they two letters of the Lao alphabet? I am just wondering because I have seen hundreds of cars all with same numbers on, usually 2222 or 7777 or 8888. There cant be hundreds of cars all with the same plate - can there?:oops: Promise not to moan about it!!!:woot:

18. JK

Yea the first characters of the plates are Lao letters so that many vehicles can have the same numbers.... Plus the plates have Lao script on the top specifying the province, I believe, so that a plate from Vientiane could have the same characters as a plate from Champassak for ex. Minor differences with the NGO/embassy plates but same theory...

19. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

Thanks. Now I know. so as long as the Lao script is different the numbers can be the same but then what happens if two people living in Vientiane, both with identical Bugatti Veyrons want 7777? I suppose its down to who offers the best bribe at the end of the day. Another one thats "niggling" me a tad: I thought the cc limit on motorbikes was 250cc but yesterday I saw an old Fireblade on red plates. I thought red plates were "reserved" for the artmed forces which then makes me wonder why would an army officer who got a commission before he learned to shave need a Fireblade? I suppose its not what ya know, its who ya know!!!;)

20. Clyde_T_Jenkins

Clyde_T_Jenkins Member

This thread sure has gotten off-topic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.