Questions About Part Time Guard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelvin Wee, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

Am moving to a house from an apartment. I've been told that I should consider getting a guard for the property since I live alone. Not that I have anything valuable at home, but for the sense of security. What is the general take on this? The house is surrounded by 7-8 foot stone fencing and the main gate is pretty high. Well over a foot above my head and I'm close to 5-11". There is a room and bathroom downstairs (it's one of those old Lao style houses with a room for domestic helpers) that they can use … if they are guarding the place in the evening, it wouldn't be kind to expose them to the elements. What is the fair/average wage for someone who works as a guard?

Thank you, hope these aren't stupid questions.

KW

2. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

If your garden is big enough and you are ready to care for, maybe you should consider taking a dog.;)

3. navydoubs1

navydoubs1 Member

Hi, these guys are used to working in the elements so i wouldnt worry about that too much.
    I have been looking too and around $120 for 8 hours a night seems to be the right price.

4. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

There's a nice size garden but I don't think I'll get a dog. I'm not sure how long I will be in VTE and hate the idea of leaving a pet behind. Also, I have major OCD issues. Dogs poo…if I had a dog, I would never walk in the yard again. LOL!

Thanks navydoubs1 I think that's a pretty manageable figure. Good to know Cheers!!