Recharging AirCard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pranaman, Feb 6, 2013.

1. pranaman

pranaman Member

Hi, I am using an aircard with a unitel sim, and wondering a few things: what the rates are, and if there is an easier way to recharge it.

To recharge, I saw that one has to remove the sim, stick it in a mobile, enter the scratch off recharge number, take it out and put it back in the aircard. Whew! Is there an easier way to recharge it without doing all that?

And rates - Heard it was 5000/day plus there's 'penalty' fee if there is a gap in use of a day or more- not sure though...A little confused... can anyone elaborate?

Thank you

2. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

If you have the Unitel software loaded on your computer you can simply enter the PIN number from the refill card under the 'refill' tab... Not sure what type of device you are plugging the aircard into though... Haven't used mine in awhile so I can't help with the rates but I'm fairly sure if you talk to someone at Unitel they will give you the info. Don't think the rates are secret or hidden... I don't remember being charged for not using it though but that could very well have changed...

3. pranaman

pranaman Member

I am using a used T Mobile card. I don't see a refill option in the software. I will email the maker of the software though.

4. Finn

Finn New Member

I have a Unitel aircard which I top up in the software on my laptop. I put in 120,000 kip & get 30 days unlimited internet & downloads. I'm 5K outside the city centre & the connection is reasonably fast

5. JK

Do you mean a TMobile aircard? If you are going to be here awhile might be worth buying one of the Unitel aircards... Several have been put up for sale on this site recently and I may be able to sell you mine as I don't use it anymore... As both Finn and I have mentioned there is a refill option in the aircard software that makes it a breeze to recharge...

6. pranaman

pranaman Member

Yeah, it's a T Mobile Aircard. Was using a Unitel one, but i broke it. Snapped the metal end off.
    If you're selling yours, let me know. I am interested. My minutes run out tonight, and I don't want to have to keep playing SIM card shuffle.

7. JK

Sorry, my wife just told me she has plans for it... And that I should consult her before opening my big mouth... :)

8. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

Hi JK, sounds like your missus is the same as mine. "The worlds leading authority on everything" and "she who must be obeyed":rolleyes: I have a Beeline, air card and when that runs out I just take the whole dongle to the Beeline shop next to the BFL bank (Lane Xang Ave) hand over 130 000 and they "do it" (whatever "it" is). It is 21Mbps and lasts for a month.;)