Taxis in Vientiane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelvin Wee, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

I need to book a taxi to take me to Wattay rather early in the morning on Tuesday. Does anyone know the phone numbers for any of the cab companies here? I know we can get cabs at the airport through the counter when we get back but it's kinda hard to get a cab on the street in Vientiane...and even harder at like 5am. Anyone?

2. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

3. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

Thank you so much!!

4. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome :)

5. navydoubs1

navydoubs1 Member

Dont know where your staying but outside city inn, there are normally 10 ish cabs waiting.

6. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

Thanks so much. I'm near Wat Inpeng and that main road...Setthitharith or something like that. I think it's easier to call cause I need to get to the airport by like 6:30am to make my flight. It's my first escape from VTE in months, am not missing this one. The fast food joint are already screaming my name!! LMAO!

7. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

Sadly, that number isn't in existence anymore. 8-(

8. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Cab company is down the street from me... Give me fifteen minutes and I'll ride by and get their number....

9. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

I just called a number I found when I searched Google and booked my cab. Thank you so much. You guys are so awesome!

10. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

For everyone, their number is +856-21-454-168...I called and spoke to someone who managed to get a driver who speaks English very well to call me back. Thank goodness as while I'm learning Lao, it's still limited to a few mispronounced words.

11. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

Two more for metered taxi... 56921111 and 78108851

Kelvin Wee likes this.
  12. Kelvin Wee

Kelvin Wee Member

Thanks JK. I'm so pleased with the company I called. My flight was really early in the morning but the driver was waiting in front of my building more than 20 minutes before he was scheduled to arrive. What a comfort knowing I would not be late for my flight.

13. frenchfarangbkk

frenchfarangbkk New Member

Hello, do you know if these numbers are still correct and if all companies offer the same price ? Thank you.