Toyota Corolla 2011 For Sale

Discussion in 'Cars for Sale' started by Emilie2, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emilie2

Emilie2 Member

Toyota Corolla Altis 2011 for sale @ 16,000 US$ (tax not paid)
    Excellent condition
    ~ 34.000 km, driven mainly within Vientiane
    For more information please call 020-77449781 (Philippe)
    or write an e-mail to emilieviret@yahoo.fr

toyota1.jpg toyota4.jpg

VEHICLE SUMMARY
    · Name: 2011 Corolla Altis
    · Color: Silver
    · Model: GL
    · Car Body Type: Sedan
    · Automatic transmission
    · Top Speed: 180
    · Fuel Consumption: Highway 12.00 kmpl.
    · Fuel Consumption: City 9.00 kmpl
    · Capacity: 1600cc
    · 4 cylinders in line 16 Vale-DOHC
    · Air bag driver and passenger

2. Asha

Asha Member

how does the whole "Tax not paid" works? when i buy it, i will have to pay the tax? if so, how much will i end up paying? Sorry...just got here from US.

3. Englishman

Englishman Member

Basically it means you could be liable to pay the all the unpaid tax if stopped by the feds. Which (as far as I understand could be as much as 30% of the brand new sale price. Example: In the west we can buy a Raptor for about $60,000 (depending on chosen spec) but here? $109,000 because of the tax. I wanted to bring my Explorer over here but with import taxes and the "foreigner fees" meant it financial lunacy:greedy:. You could drive a car for ten years and never be asked to pay the back tax or you could buy it on a Monday, say, and get stopped on the following Tuesday, if you dont hand over the folding stuff they take it off you:eek:;).

4. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

You are lucky or you are not;)
    I know "someone" who's driving with unpaid taxes in Vientiane for more than 10 years.:D

Now...IF, you want to avoid any risk and pay the tax you should have a look at this:
    http://www.findinlao.com/f/threads/help-on-paperwork-for-buying-used-car.1656/
    http://www.findinlao.com/f/threads/number-plate.2531/
    I'm not sure about, who and where, the amount of the tax would be "decided", I think the office of the technical control in Thongpong.

5. JK

JK Jack of all trades, Master of none

My two cents... Don't buy a tax not paid vehicle unless you work for an organization that is entitled to the white plates with blue letters... The tax you will pay when you attempt to register the vehicle is based on engine size, country of origin, type and age of vehicle and can be over 100% of the original price of the vehicle. While the white plated vehicles are generally left alone, if you are in a situation where the police catch you with lapsed registration you could very well end up with the car confiscated and a very large fine. Not worth it in my book...

If you do decide to purchase a 'tax not paid' vehicle be sure you get a copy of the import documents for the vehicle as well as the normal ownership transfer papers...

6. Asha

Asha Member

GREAT ADVICE(s) . . .thank you lot all the same . . .I am still on look out for a car . . .I guess now with the right guide, and price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.