Traveling to Vangvieng, we need suggestion

Discussion in 'Laos Travel Info' started by shalate, Jun 15, 2013.

1. shalate

shalate New Member

hello there we are so new in laos and we heard so much about vangvieng.
    can you suggest place around USD45 per night nice resort for us?
    thanks in advance

2. Petrus47

Petrus47 Moderator Staff Member

3. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

This is (very) low season and you may have good fares. Especially if you can call and tell them that you are living in Vientiane.

Villa Nam Song: http://www.villanamsong.com great garden and view on the river even if bungalows could be better. Ask for a bungalow with river view (same price).

I heard good things on the new http://www.riversidevangvieng.com. If you expand your budget, you could be interested by their 3 nights promotion.

4. chinaski

chinaski Member

Riverside Boutique Resort is the place to go if you have the money. Stayed there two nights in February... Quiet, pleasant atmosphere, great view of the river, excellent food. They also seem to make an effort to support the community by hiring local staff, buying decorative art from ethnic minorities, etc....

But it's expensive.

That was the view from my room. (As I remember 70 USD night...)
    [​IMG]

Petrus47 and Olivier like this.
  5. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

Also in the Vang Vieng area, there is the Blue Lagoon Resort. You won't see the karst landscapes that have made Vang Vieng famous (with tubing) but Nam Ngeum lake might offer other stunning views.

6. Orely

Orely Member

I've been to this Blue Lagoon resort recently, very nice and relaxing. No much to do if you don't like water sports. We went on a small trip on the lake, indeed it was quite beautiful surroundings.