wanted - second hand cement mixer

Discussion in 'For Sale, Looking For' started by bll1234, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bll1234

bll1234 Member

Really, no joke, I need to mix a bunch of cement and get frustrated w/ the Lao style of mixing a mountain of sand, rock and cement w/ a shovel. I'd like to buy a used cement mixer - one of those orange mixers or one similar.

reply to bllchristopher9-at-gmail dot com

2. Thuy Hainsworth

Thuy Hainsworth New Member

I know a group of Vietnamese workers, who has been working with foreigners (but they speak Viet and Laos only) and they are very good in following our ideas,they have also their own cement mixer, if you can not buy a mixer, you can also call them to see.Their phone number is 020 5660 7472. And their price is 1/3 cheaper than lao workers, and quality is 10000 times better. Good luck.

3. bll1234

bll1234 Member

Thuy thanks for the lead on contractors. I had my (Lao) wife talk to them about a garage we want built. Pretty straight forward, 9 x 12 mtrs, 4 mtrs high, 3 rollup doors, no interior walls or tile. They quoted us $5,000 for their labor. This is more than TWICE the price a Lao contractor quoted us. AND a friend of mine had his entire 2 story house built 3 years ago for a total labor cost of $9,000.

Maybe this Vietnamese group has worked w/ enough foreigners to know they can now charge foreigner prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.