what happen if you have a good Caucasian + Singapore couple to be your neighbor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RunBear, Jan 18, 2013.

1. RunBear

RunBear Member

Specially with Thai security.
    You have to be very careful when you stand in front of your gate, because you might be driven over by their aggressive driving way.

you won't be surprise to find cigarette ashes, used batteries, plastic bags....anything after used in your garden. I know it is for bidden in Singapore, but is it conmon to through trash to neighbor in Australia, America, England, Canada?

If you put a fence up for some privacy, because their cleaners, gardeners, workers often peep you when you do cooking, hugging, or giving a kiss to your husband, you will see what happen in our photos.

If party is on, it will be with super loud music by more than 6 of high-frequency speakers that will attack your ears, chest till passed middle night.

And you dare to come over and ask nicely to turn down volume of music for a little bit, because your kids need sleep for school on the next day, you will get full packet of "fuck-off" to your face, they will chase you till your gate, and want your husband out for fight.

And.....You will not be surprise to wake up in morning, and you will see this in you front yard....., and you will understand that you are having a wonderful, understanding, educated, perfect Caucasian+ Singaporean neighbor.

After party, they are happy, free to give you this "shit-gift".

It is not safe to have these aggressive people in this planet. I wish Laos people could kick these low educated fa-langs out to keep Laos country safer and more peaceful.

Attached Files:

2. RunBear

RunBear Member

Hi Paul, "My reference to "adults of limited intelligence" is a fact", it is very right with my case.

3. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

I see what you mean. from your pictures your neighbours seem "a sandwich short of a picnic". There is not much you can do here as everything is just "bor-penyang" or "dont worry, I will do it tomorrow" or the next or the next or the next. I had a neighbour back in England who used to throw beer bottles into our back garden and back then our daughter was only an infant - we moved. The photo's you posted are evidence of nothing though I am afraid as your neighbour would just say the trash wasn't his but with "normal" police forces they would only need you and other neighbours to make the same complaint with recordings taken from inside your house. Personally - I'd shoot the buggers!!!:eek:

4. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

Sorry, I forgot to ask, have your neighbours got any reason for their behaviour or are they just the objectionable type. We have a rented house so I would just move but I guess if you are tied to a contract or you have bought your house its a lot harder. I know moving isnt the answer as the cause of the problem remains but all you can do I am afraid is just hope that they either move before you or in one of their drunken stupors they decide to go and play with the traffic;)

5. RunBear

RunBear Member

We love this house (we have rented, and lived in this house for more than 3 years now). I think it is their normal behavior. they are aggressive, rude and they don't recognize it. On last Thursday, they had party like I said with more than 6 high frequency speaker still 11.pm very very loud music, I just went over to ask:

Me: Excuse me sir, could you please turn down the music little bit, it is already 11pm, and my kids need to sleep for school tomorrow, they sleep right there (their room is about 2m away from those speakers)?!
    White man: What? where do you come from? talk to my wife.
    Me: I am your neighbor. where is your wife?
    White man: fuck off, fuck off, fuck you (Oh, boy! I could talk to this people. I walked back home. his and his Thai secure guy followed me to my gate, wanted to hit me, and continued) where is your fucking husband, call him out.
    Me: well I went to ask you guys nicely, my husband has no time to deal with this matter. (he started to kicked my gate....continue to swear)
    Me: if you don't stop doing it, i will call police.
    White man: call police, call police, fuck off, fuck off.

that point i was thinking, i would get a bucket of water, just threw over our fence (it is about 1m tall), then for sure it would stop music, but i didn't do that. I wish i did. Then we found bottles in our patio in the morning.

6. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

OK, this situation is getting well out of hand now. I am guessing that you speak Lao and English well. You need to record (tell the police) everything. Have you got a camcorder/video recorder that puts a time and date stamp on the recording?. For anything constructive to happen you need to "back off". Next, closed circuit tv cameras - you need night vision, sometimes called "I.R" - I dont know the distances of your property from the nobs so, check the "optimum recording distance" it can be measured in metres or feet (to convert, approximately 3 feet and 3 inches is 1 metre). Pin hole night vision surveillance cams are virtually undetectable in daylight so your neighbour (and I use that word in the loosest sense) cannot destroy what he cant see. Another good piece of kit to get is a dummy (fake) dome cam, dont tell nob, but put it where he can see it. Once all of this is set up and recording, avoid all contact with your neighbour at all costs because if he is "lawyered up" they will try to blame you, they will use everything to try to move the blame from them to you. Remember, the cops here will only act for two main reasons: they have been told to by a superior or "induced" in some way (we all know the word I want to use here!). There is another reason but I wont go in to that!. You love your house you say so moving isnt an option and if you get involved in "fisticuffs" that usually only ends one way - and it aint pretty and you have a child/children so..... for the kids sake dont provoke them by going to the house also if you are on your own with the kids, dont leave the children unguarded, even if its just for one minute - a lot can happen in a minute and these people sound like category "A"nutters. There is the "dog" option but as the nobs are throwing things into your yard, they could just as easily throw poisoned meat over your fence and the dog cant tell so think about that one. Another option is to get private security of your own because if this is going to escalate further and it sounds as if it is, then private security is good for many reasons but the main ones are that you have independant witnesses to any incident also they can (but only in certain circumstances) help to diffuse a situation (make someone think twice) especially if: you are out numbered, vulnerable or there are children at risk. I really hope that this situation can be dealt with in a peaceful way but it sounds as if your "neighbour" is determined to drive you out. I have to ask this next bit and I am sorry in advance if it seems a bit rude but is there anything at all that you might have done to provoke them? Do you have chickens that wake them up at 4am? that type of thing, I know its a really dum thing but "theres nowt so strange as folk" (Old English proverb).;)

7. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

I have just thought of another reason for their behaviour, maybe - only maybe they are doing this to provoke a reaction or response from you or your husband, then they will have the law (such as it is) on their side. If at all possible, you could try ignoring them in every way, if they are doing this just to get a reaction and as long as you dont respond they will soon get bored and go and find something else objectionable to do - but if you do respond its fuelling the fire for them and they win - dont let them - walk away.;)

8. phinphana

phinphana Member

That's crazy! How is it bor peng yang ? I think you can put a complaint to the chief of the village for a record.

9. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

And the head of the village will do what, exactly? if this guy and (I presume,one woman) is as rude and objectionable as they seem and has threatened physical violence against you, your spouse, your child and has damaged your property then I dont think they will be all that receptive or open to negotiations. By all means, try mediation first but I think RunBear has tried that in the past and without much success.o_O

10. RunBear

RunBear Member

I went out this morning, I saw my "lovely neighbor" who was driving out his gate, we had eyes contact and he gave me his lovely middle finger up!
    he is properly 60+, probably has kidney problem that lead to have no """"F"""" for long time, that affect his brain to be "short of picnic".

11. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

If he drinks as much as it seems and is partying every night until 2am, he will probably keel over from a stroke or heart attack, there's always chronic liver damage from alcohol abuse too, it certainly sounds as if his brain has been pickled in whisky or something. When he was giving you "the finger" its the classic "look at me, I need to get a response" syndrome, by far the best thing is ignore the dipstick!, it will drive him crazy. I think somebody did mention contacting the head of the village where you are and that is certainly a cheaper option than video surveillance but I think its effects would be limited as most Lao "officials" I have met do not seem have much "get up and go" especially after specific times of the day. Ignore the twit, it takes two to have an argument - if you dont give him the satisfaction of any response he will go elsewhere to get attention - sadly, it will probably be his wife who takes the beating next but thats when cops anywhere will act for you regardless of financial inducements. Chin up and wait for him to die!:cool:

12. Tavanh.phommachit

Tavanh.phommachit Member

Bizarr

As Administor rightfully pointed out, this IS a public forum and in that case..
    Family First.

13. Paul.Vientiane

Paul.Vientiane Member

Too right, its family first. I always advocate the "softly, softly catchee monkey" approach first but if you have an armed person of limited mental capacity with a machete then its "first come, first served" (to a fist that is.....) after that you can get mean. Revenge is mine sayeth the lord, I think thats how it goes anyway:D

14. Finn

Finn New Member

Always preferred "slowly, slowly catchee monkey" myself.....

15. Olivier

Olivier Admin Staff Member

I can try to understand the anger you might feel in your situation. It might be terrible.
    That said, before writing anything that could be used against you, be informed that this is a public forum and that everybody can access it. Writing that you are going to break the law could be used against you if something bad happen- though it probably won't.
    You can always edit you message if you want to.

To all participants, please don't disclose any location or names.

16. vistalife

vistalife Member

You should call to the head-chief of your village (THE NAIBAN).
    Of course, It is better if you can talk in Lao...

In every village, they have people (Konglon), who patrol on the streets of Vientiane, in night time.
    In case of noise.... It is their job to cease that kind of activities.

They have the right to control every citizen (especialy on guesthouse, 555)
    & this is the first step before the police station if some people make trouble, and refuse to obey law.

I think that these guys can help...

17. RunBear

RunBear Member

Thank you, I can't speak Laos, and those guys probably don't speak English. I did called Police and neighbor was on record. anything happens to us now police will touch them first. Just worry they drive over my kids when they getting out the gate, they drive so aggressively, almost ran over my husband's toe one.
    Really can't understand those low educated Falangs, no word to describe this people.

18. RunBear

RunBear Member

AGAIN, it was about 5 am, I heard a noise, dog barking, went out, saw the fence broken, heard laughter from neighbor who came back from bar and brought home prostitute. Live like a rat, behave like an untrained kid.
    How could those idiots exit in this world?

Attached Files: